Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I'm off work

contemplating one of two scenarios:
1) going to the gas station, picking up/cashing my paycheque, and going over to where my car is parked so that I can have it towed to the shop
2) going to the gas station, picking up/cashing my paycheque, and going home to work on job #2's stuff, and do the towing tomorrow.

As my mom pointed out, if the transmission leak is because of the engine work (as in a hose got knocked off or something like that, like the speedometre and air conditioning apparently did), then the longer I wait to get it looked at, the easier it is for the guy who fixed the engine to say well, it's been running all this time (which it hasn't been), it's not my fault. On the other hand, I'm not sure one day will make a difference. A lot will depend on my schedule for the rest of the week, which I'll find out when I get my paycheque. If I'm working tomorrow I need to go ahead and do it now, today, when I'm free.

So, I think what's best is to take the phone number of the transmission place with me, go pick up my paycheque, check my schedule, then go get the cheque cashed, call the transmission place to see when they can come tow my car, and then decide from there whether I should catch the Southside bus going to my car or go on home.

No comments: