Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, January 27, 2006

Things I've learnt


  1. You use your jaw muscles for all sorts of things you wouldn't expect.
  2. Sneezing really hurts after wisdom tooth extraction. You feel like another tooth could come out at any moment.
  3. I now know what I'll look like if I gain 50 lbs, because my face has ballooned to about there. Annoyingly, it's bigger on one side (the one with three teeth removed) than the other (only two taken there). Now I understand why women who are anorexic are at risk for relapse with this surgery. I look freaking huge! And I have, well, if not a normal body image, at least not one that's terribly distorted to look fatter than I am.
  4. Beware of people who want to pinch your chipmunk cheeks.
  5. Going for too long between saltwater rinses causes pain.
  6. A Pop-Tart is flat enough to eat without having to open too wide, although it's crumbly and has to be rinsed well.
  7. Evil people design drugs to be used by dental patients like megadoses of ibuprofen, antibiotics, and pain medicine that are a full 3/4 inch long. Can we say gag? My regular meds aren't that huge.


That is all for now. I went back to work at the gas station today for four hours and did pretty well. I can talk better than I could and I took the time to do the rinses. I couldn't use a straw though for my drink--that can cause dry socket, which I want to avoid.

No comments: