Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Ah, home at last

Listening to: 'Have a Nice Day' by Bon Jovi
Reading: Shakespeare's Landlord by Charlaine Harris

Today was busy. At job #1 I found out I have $1000 more this year for books and journals than last year. Yay. The hospital is abuzz because one of the others in the system was visited by JCAHO today, so we could be soon. One thing you learn in the medical librarian field: Joint Commission surveys are big deals; everyone wants to do their absolute best towards accreditation. Then I headed over to job #2, managed to snag my paycheque from the mailroom before it went out, did my timesheet, and did some searching on our website. Afterwards I visited with friends briefly, then went and got my hair cut, cashed my cheque, and spent some on a sweater and pants that were on clearance, some socks, shampoo, and mousse. It's about time I spent a little money on my appearance. Then I put gas in the car (stopping by job #3) and headed to the library to hand in the Anne Perry mystery I'd finished, picked up another one, along with the second and third of Charlaine Harris' Shakespeare series.

So, after all that, I'm home, I've taken Cerys out, eaten a sandwich and some tapioca pudding, pulled the trash together to take out in the morning, and now I plan to just relax a bit and read. Hope your day was good. 'Night.

No comments: