Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, May 26, 2003

Day #4 of Holiday--tired, but it's a good sort of tired...



Had trouble going to sleep last night and wound up getting to bed around 4:30 am only to woken up an hour later by the phone. Then got up this morning at 10am and made final plans to see the movie. Enjoyed The Matrix: Reloaded immensely, then went to the game and used the adrenaline rush to finish up an adventure. Now I'm home, and I'm pooped, but it's more like when you play a really good game of ball, or put in a garden, etc.--it's the good kind of tired, with a sense of accomplishment. I'm definitely looking forward to the last installment of the Matrix trilogy; the second ends very suddenly, and I'm glad I was forewarned. And I still like Agent Smith better as an elf. :)

So this is the end of my holiday. Patrick said the Brits, Aussies, Kiwis, French, etc. he met in New Zealand were shocked by how little vacation time Americans have. I feel that way too, sometimes. But I'm ready to go back. When you're the only librarian in the workplace it's a little harder to take off much time. I'm am fighting off what I hope are allergies rather than the aha!-you-stood-still cold you sometimes get when you finally have time off. But generally I got some rest, spent time with assorted friends, and had a much needed break--at least enough to get me to the Fourth of July. :)

No comments: