Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, May 13, 2003

Good morning...



I just woke up from 12 hours' sleep and I feel SO much better. All that staying up to instant message friends and play Literati with little old ladies from Iowa was taking its toll. I came in, called my grandmother and mother to wish them a belated mother's day (I meant to call on Sunday evening, but I had a gee-can-I-just-hold-my-head-together-until-it-explodes kind of horrible headache on Sunday, and once it subsided I realised that I had not called, and that it was too late to.) Having done my filial duty (and thanked my mother for being the one mom I know who has NEVER used guilt as a weapon--from what I can tell, that is just so rare, something her mom does well but she dispensed with entirely), I crashed. I really meant to sleep for just an hour. At 06:45 I woke up and decided I'd better set my alarm so I could get to work okay. Never heard it, but I still woke up on time, at least. My dreams had turned from interesting to the ones where you're going to be late or you're stuck at work because your blood sugar's bottoming out and you're too spacey to deal. Don't have dreams like that? Lucky dog. But, they work well to get someone up. Speaking of which, if I want to get to work on time, I'd better hustle to the shower. :)

No comments: