Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, February 15, 2016

I finally came out of hibernation

because I was hungry, which was good, as I my blood sugar was going a little low (68). I found a package of peanut butter crackers I'd forgotten were in my lunch bag and ate them, with a few multigrain crackers as a chaser. I feel a bit bleary, and my back hurts from so long in bed, but generally, I think it helped. I've found that a good lie-in bed is good for me about every three months or so, especially as I don't sleep like I used to.

The snow has stopped. I'm not certain how much we got. The parking lot drive is clear, and the steps are shoveled. I don't think I'll have any trouble getting out, as I just have to get the snow off of my car, which I can see from my window. I'm the only one who put their windshield wipers up last night; hopefully that will help. Today it's gloomy and there's perhaps going to be rain or a little mixed drizzle. But given how much rain we have in the forecast, the snow won't be around much longer.

One good thing about not eating much this week; I've lost four pounds exactly. It's not the best diet plan, and there's only so much peanut butter one can eat, but hey. I did eat a fish sandwich meal at the cafeteria Friday with the promise of paying later. Yes, I'm like Wimpy from Popeye. But I always do pay, so they let me; I just try not to abuse that. But otherwise it's either been bread and peanut butter or crackers and peanut butter for awhile.

Okay, I'll take the rest of my medicine and think about getting a shower. I'm moving slowly but really, isn't that the point on a day off? :)

No comments: