Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, December 12, 2015

I didn't sleep hardly at all last night

I was worried about the choice between fixing the car and paying rent. Since the next time I should supposedly get paid is within the timeframe for paying my rent without being evicted, I decided to fix the car,  although that means most of next pay cheque will be taken up by rent and fees.

Today I took my car to a Tire Discounters and had the oil changed (long overdue--they didn't put a sticker reminder in last time). I had them check the battery, EGR valve, brakes, replace the battery, replace a brake light, and rotate the tyres.  Everything was fine except for the battery, which was cold cranking at a fourth of regular amount. I got out of there just under $200. But the car is starting much better and with no hesitation.

Okay,  I'm sleepy and I want to get going early tomorrow morning. Good night!

No comments: