Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Last night was latke night

although, technically, Chanukah was over, we celebrated with potato latkes with onions and parsley, along with some ones with ricotta cheese. They were a great hit, and everyone had seconds. But I got home late, and had an early morning today, so I went on to bed when I got home.

Today I got a phone call from our leasing agent, telling me that despite the fact that I cannot pay the rent till the 23rd because I got my car repaired when it died, she's not going to file for eviction. I'll just have to pay the normal rent plus the normal late fees, which is great, as most of my paycheque was going to go to my rent otherwise, although even so, I'm not going to be able to pay everything. But it's still better than it would have been.

No comments: