Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, December 24, 2015

So far today I have:

  1. Slept in a little, as I had a hard time extricating myself from some very weird, weird dreams.
  2. Showered and dressed--in Capris, a short sleeve shirt, and sandals, because it was 52 degrees this morning when I woke up, is hovering around 60 now, and is supposed to top out about 63-66, depending on which weather station you go by.
  3. Called A to see if creamer was needed by YKWIA before Saturday, as Kroger closes at 5:30 this evening and I was going to have to go to the grocery because there was not really anything to eat in the house.
  4. Spent an hour and a half at Kroger trying to get what I needed as frugally as possible.
  5. Got gas at Kroger for 60 cents off a gallon, bringing it to $1.24/gallon. I filled the car up for less than $17 (but I wasn't on empty, just a little under a quarter of a tank).
  6. Brought the groceries in.
  7. Put away the cold things.
  8. Turned on the tree and lights (yes, I know, it's after Yule. I keep it up for awhile. I'll probably take it down on New Year's. A Christmas tree I would have kept up till January 6th, when the Christmas season traditionally ends.)
  9. Poured myself a cold drink, as I was parched and hot. I have the heat off, of course, but I'd like to open the windows, but I don't think I can get to the ones in the living room due to the tree.
What I'm planning on doing today, if at all possible:
  1. First, get some breakfast. It's almost noon and I haven't eaten yet today.
  2. Clean out the fridge.
  3. Clean the kitchen.
  4. Unload and load the dishwasher.
  5. Do a few plastic/non-dishwasher-safe dishes.
  6. Run the dishwasher, if it's full.
  7. Put away the rest of the groceries.
  8. Clean the bathroom.
  9. Straighten up the living/dining area.
  10. Gather the laundry.
  11. Go through old mail and recycle what I can.
  12. Gather and take out the trash.
  13. Gather and take out the recyclables.
  14. Water plants.
  15. Put water in fish tanks.
  16. Exercise on the complex gym's bike.
  17. Put together some candy favours for three friends for the holiday. I couldn't really afford to do presents, but this is the equivalent of a stocking, really.
  18. Listen to pagan and other music.
  19. Do the game notes.
Tomorrow I need to:
  1. Call my mom and wish her a merry Christmas.
  2. Help a friend move two bookshelves worth of books over a bit (that may spill into Saturday, I'm not sure).
  3. Spend time with my friends.
But today is my day to try to get everything back on track.

UPDATE: I've removed watching The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, part 1. A and I may be watching a movie or two in the series (he hasn't seen them) while we're off, and it would be nice to see them again before watching the third one. Instead, I've put in doing the game notes. Not quite as fun, but I've got the time now, and it would be nice to get it finished long before Saturday night. :)

No comments: