Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Would you believe

that I am about half-way through, maybe even a bit more than half-way, with my work on the game notes this week? A friend had an appointment, so I brought the laptop and worked while he was doing that. I'm over three hours into a recording that is about six hours long. Not bad for about an hour and fifteen minutes' work. Yay!

After the appointment, YKWIA, A, and I went to Joe Bologna's, which I haven't been to in years. I had the garlic breadstick (they're huge), a wonderful salad, and some vegetable lasagna. Everything was absolutely lovely, as usual. It would have been nice to get dessert (they have excellent carrot cake), but that would probably have pushed my blood sugar way up. If you're not familiar with the restaurant, it's a family-owned business serving mainly Italian food located inside a former synagogue, so there are stained glass windows and an upper dining area as well.

After we got back, I helped YKWIA with a couple of things and then came home. I really pushed it tonight; the gas light was on the whole time on the way home. I need to go to Kroger first thing in the morning. I have 70 cents off a gallon with a Kroger card, but it was too late to stop by tonight. Hopefully the gas prices won't be higher tomorrow.

Okay, I guess I should go on to sleep, since I do need to get up early. I hope you had a good start to the shorter workweek. I had a busy and unfortunately not-so-fruitful day (but it sure wasn't from lack of trying--I just ran into a lot of bureaucracy outside of my own organisation while trying to obtain a referral. And if I hear one more Sousa march any time soon, it might just send me screaming into the night.) If I can get a full-time library job somewhere, one thing I will not miss about my current job is dealing with insurance companies and all the rules they have in place that sometimes seem to be designed just so they can get out of paying a claim. I wish there was at least some consistency in the industry, anyway.

Oh, well, tomorrow is another day. Good night.

No comments: