Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 04, 2014

I have no idea what this means

I'm a blue magic drafter!

Take the quiz at Brent Weeks.com

Blue Luxin is hard, strong, and smooth. It can be used in anything from the creation of large structures to armor or bladed weapons or projectiles. Blues are orderly, inquisitive, and unfailingly rational. Structure, rules, and hierarchy are important to blues.

The results from your color matching test have also shown that you are one of the elite, a superchromat. The magic you do will almost never fail. Satrapies will compete to recruit you, and you will have a wide latitude in what work you choose to do once you finish your studies. You can expect your patron to lavish praise and honors on you. As a monochrome, you will master your color, and only have to defer to bichromes and polychromes and, of course, the nobility and the satraps who support us all.
A friend is reading Black Prism by Brent Weeks and this quiz was on the author's website. We apparently came out the same, which surprised my friend. I may have to check out the book for myself. It sounds like an interesting magic system.

Today I got my permanent partial dentures. I had a little trouble getting them in before the dentist adjusted them, but he was able to put them in with no trouble afterwards. I was able to eat a sandwich from Subway by cutting it into smaller bites, and did okay. I talk with a very slight lisp on 's' and similar sounds, but it is very slight--not nearly as bad as with the temporaries. I was also able to get them out and soaking tonight, although the lower ones for some reason really wanted to stay in my mouth. The trick will be to see if I can get them in tomorrow morning without trouble. I'm going to try to get up early to have plenty of time to deal with them if needed. Of course, you want them to be tight and well-fitting. Unless I have trouble, I don't have to go back to the dentist till March, when it will be time for my teeth cleaning. Yay!!! Here's hoping for a trouble-free six months.

No comments: