Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, September 28, 2014

So it's nearly 2 am

I've been going strong since about 7 am, which means I'm going to keep this short. Today I kept a friend company whose husband is away from the house at a convention. All told I have:
  1. Taken out the trash so far that I collected last night from the apartment.
  2. Stopped by McDonald's for breakfast, bringing some to my friend as well.
  3. Fed his dogs and cats and let the dogs out (twice).
  4. Watched an episode of 'Fringe', two episodes of 'Warehouse 13', one of 'Haven', and two of 'The Awesomes'.
  5. Rubbed my friend's feet and put him to bed for a couple of hours, since he hadn't had a full night of sleep.
  6. Ate a sandwich, foraging there for food.
  7. Finished the game notes while he was sleeping.
  8. Brought in the dogs and watered everyone.
  9. Gone to the store to get groceries for them (without my normal helper) and for me.
  10. Fixed my friend dinner.
  11. Filled up various containers with new sweetener, popcorn, and salt (obviously different containers).
  12. Sent the dogs back out.
  13. Brushed a dog.
  14. Convinced another dog that the muzzle could be used if she failed to come in.
  15. Played 'name that TV theme show from the 60s' and failed miserably.
  16. Watched some YouTube videos.
  17. Got caught up on the drama at the convention.
  18. Visited with my friend.
  19. Left the laptop there so I wouldn't have to lug it back tomorrow and packed up and came home.
  20. Explained to my friend that turning the porch light off before I actually get in the car and drive away leaves me looking for the ignition key. He didn't realise the button fob on my car, while it does unlock the doors, does not turn the car on or anything. I explained a little better how it works.
  21. Ate a bit of food.
And now I'm headed to bed. I have to be there by 9 am for the game preparations tomorrow. That's 7 hours away. Good night.

No comments: