Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, September 14, 2014

On Saturday

I really felt like I wasted much of my day. I just couldn't get going. I ached everywhere, even in my hands. I don't know if it was the weather (it's much cooler than it has been of late, and it was very cloudy until about 3 pm, which is when I finally ventured out and stopped hurting, once the sun came out) or what. I really needed to work on the house. Instead I stayed in bed most of the morning and early afternoon. I finally got up and took a shower, printed out some things for a friend, and then went to down to the Central Library to pick up a couple of books for him as well. I went on over there and we watched some 'Haven' and eventually 'Doctor Who'. I was prepared for Doctor Who day--I had a shirt on that has a Dalek version of the 'Soft Kitty' song from 'The Big Bang Theory', my licence plate holder on the car says 'My other car is a TARDIS', and my phone case at the moment has a picture of the TARDIS on it. I am such a geek. (I also have a hat and scarf with the 'police call box' design from the TARDIS on it.)

Today was a little more productive. I got up early and finished the game notes, went over to my friends' house and did laundry and worked on their house, and then, since Brenda was at a Society for Creative Anachronism event, we watched several episodes of 'Haven'. I'm finally up to season 3 with the next episode. I did some scanning for YKWIA and then we watched a very good episode of 'Witches of East End'. Now I'm home. Tomorrow I don't have any official plans for after work yet, and I'm hoping to work on the house then. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I'm taking someone to various appointments. So it'll be a busy week. But at least I don't have to worry about the game notes--I'm caught up with them. :)

For now, though, I'm listening to some music and winding down for the night. I think I'm going to have some hot cocoa with marshmallows and then head on to bed. I'd like to get a good night's sleep tonight, as I didn't sleep particularly well today and it's taken a lot of soda to get the caffeine I needed to keep going. I really need to learn to like coffee or tea. Good night.

No comments: