Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, June 01, 2014

Well, it's a start

I decided to start small and walk for 15 minutes around my neighbourhood, listening to Abba's Gold album. It turned out to be .68 miles in 16:11 minutes, burning 171 calories, and going a max of 3.1 mph and average of 1.9 mph. Not bad for a woman who's nearly 300 lbs and has a knee that's bothering her right now. I've actually burned more calories today than I've eaten. And I added 2,000 steps to what I had already. I went ahead and put breakfast into the tracker, too. Now I'm hydrating. The weird thing is even though I perspired a bit and breathed a little heavy, my heart rate went down, but then I'd been back in the house for a couple of minutes before I took it, so maybe it just went through a cool-down in the last few minutes, as I did walk a little slower at the end. Oh, well.

We're not playing the Cthulhu game today. I called Brenda this morning to let her know, as I thought she might not have gotten the message I left on her voicemail last night, which was true. I'm going to stop by the grocery store for a couple of things and then go over and clean my friends' house, go do some errands with one of them, and then visit. I'm not sure if we'll watch 'Salem' tonight or later in the week. But at least this morning has been fairly restful.

No comments: