Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Sigh

Today I have visited three Kroger stores (one twice!), schlepped to a doctor's office to pick up a friend, and generally have been up and walking on my knee way more I should (it passed from uncomfortable to pain about 9 am). Grand total today (and it's not even the end of the day yet!) for steps is 12,297 (that's 6.89 miles--a personal record) so far. Tomorrow is another early morning as the MRI is at 7:15 am. Now I think it's time to elevate the leg and head on to bed.

PS I checked into the pay situation and as near as I can figure, it is correct. Which sucks. Apparently the government just got an extra helping of my taxes.

PPS You know, YouTube has a video for just about anything. Yesterday I was with YKWIA and we watched parts of a boy who had been eaten by a crocodile cut out of the creature that the villagers had hunted. They then proceeded to eat the crocodile, probably as part of a funeral feast, which seems a little odd to Western cultures, probably but I suppose represents a fundamental belief in conquering over that which stole away the life of a child and also to not waste good meat. Still, it was a little disconcerting.

PPPS Here is the final count--12,501 steps, almost 7 miles. Argh!

No comments: