Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Turns out

that after a day on my knee (and thankfully at the moment I've got a desk job, rather than a standing one like when I was at Speedway), my knee was pretty swollen today. A friend with some medical background examined it and said it felt like it was not only swollen but area seemed tight, maybe in the ligaments and tendons. I can stretch my whole leg out till my toes are pointed without too much trouble, but bringing my knee up to my chest really hurts and is, indeed, tight. If this lasts much longer I think a trip to the doctor is in order. I know I have some arthritis in my knees, and my weight has contributed to that, but I'm not sure why it's flaring up at the moment. The odd thing is this is my right knee, which is usually the 'better' one (on my left I fell when I was about 20 and nearly shattered my kneecap). On the one hand, the knee is better than it was Monday. On the other hand, I'm having to take an anti-inflammatory to bring the pain down so I can sleep. Tomorrow if it's hurting I'll try to prop it up somehow, I think, and see if that will help. Okay, now for some ibuprofen and then on to bed.

No comments: