Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, May 03, 2014

Well

The horses I picked came in 1st (California Chrome), 4th (Wicked Strong), and 5th (Samraat). Not bad, really. So glad it was a clean race and everything worked out fine. For a complete listing in order of finish, you can check out the Bleacher Report. I think if I'd placed a $2 bet on each to win, I'd have made $!0. :) Ah, well. A had Danza to win, Wildcat Red to place, and California Chrome to show, so he would have won $9 on a $2 bet. But he chose two of the horses in the top three. I think if Wicked Strong had had a little more space he might have won, so he might be one to look for in terms of the Belmont. The last time a Triple Crown winner was crowned was Affirmed back in 1978. I've visited Affirmed's grave at Darley Stud, a nearby horse farm (pictured to the right).

After the Derby we watched What Lies Beneath with Michelle Pfeiffer and Harrison Ford, which was pretty good, and now I'm home and ready for bed. Still not sure if we'll be playing tomorrow. Good night.

No comments: