Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, May 26, 2014

I really liked the movie

X-Men: Days of Future Past. It did a good job of tying together the two time periods in the movie franchise, and while it was not entirely true to the canon of the comics, it seemed to be fairly consistent within that of the films. And it included little tidbits, like Peter (Quicksilver) mentioning that his mom knew a man once who could manipulate metal (the fact that he is Eric's son I only know from YKWIA, who read a lot of the X-Men comics, whereas I've read very few, despite working in a comic store for a year--there were just so many titles to keep up with for the books). They did an excellent job of recreating 1973. YKWIA asked me which power I would like the best if I could have it. I have to go with Mystique's--the ability to appear like anyone you wanted. Also, according to the comics (if I remember what YKWIA said), Mystique doesn't age like ordinary people. She may have been alive at the turn of the 20th century or even earlier (I know, that doesn't match the young Raven growing up with Charles Xavier in X-Men: First Class, but I gather that was a departure from the books. All in all, her power's pretty cool. YKWIA, on the other hand, would be perfectly suited for Xavier's power, as he has both the intelligence to use it well and the will to control it.

So I've been home for a little while putting the Elder Scrolls Anthology on my computer (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind (including Tribunal and Bloodmoon), Oblivion, and Skyrim, all included in one package). I loved Daggerfall years ago, and had played a little of Morrowind, but it's been awhile and it took me a little while to get back into the swing of things, literally, as I forgot some of the essential controls and apparently didn't read the manual as closely as I should have. But it's all good now. Right now I'm downloading Skyrim, which requires a Steam account, and listening to the radio. I think I'm going to put up my feet for awhile since it's taking awhile to download. But it's been a nice long weekend. Tomorrow I have to try to balance work and a friend's appointments, and I have to get up very early, so I'll turn in soon. Good night.

No comments: