Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Came across these pictures tonight

of Cerys (the dog) and her constant companion Darius (the cat), as well as Spock. In September it will be seven years since Cerys died, the last of my furry companions. I've been petless since (except for fish--Darius preceded her, which was just as well, for while he adored her and would have mourned her terribly, she was somewhat long-suffering about a cat that wanted to constantly sit upon and cuddle up with her).  It was the first time without pets in 27 years.  I loved my animals so much. Spock, Cerys, Buns, Darius, even the somewhat evil Basil I had for awhiel. It's just so odd to not have dogs or cats in my house, and yet I am a good aunt to others. But it's not quite time for one of my own, yet. I'm not sure I'll ever get another dog, to be honest--I don't know if I could do it. I love cats, and I love dogs (although I'm allergic to both), but it seems you bond even more with a dog, or at least that was the case with Cerys, although I was very close to Spock, particularly, who was a cat, the first kitten I got as an adult. But when you bond with them and they are your family, it is so hard to let them go when it's time. But at some point I'll probably break down and get a cat. Or two. :) But not now, right?

Darius and Cerys
Spock

No comments: