Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, May 01, 2014

I didn't sleep well last night

I was very restless all night, and I'm not sure why. I didn't have too much caffeine or anything like that. I did walk a lot, of course, much more than today, where I didn't even make my normal 5,000 steps. In fact, I'm at about a third of yesterday's accomplishment. I've been productive today, and not really pooped despite the lack of sleep, but I didn't feel like doing a lot of walking again today.

I did succeed at something else, though. I got my partials in very well (I hadn't been able to get them in after my temporary crown was put on, and just let it go for a few days, then decided this morning that I was going to get them in come hell or high water). I could speak more clearly than I have been, and I managed to eat both a portabello mushroom sandwich on ciabatta bread and corn on the cob without them becoming loose or coming out. It was nice to take them out once I got home, but it gave me hope that I might be able to get used to them and wear them on a daily basis.

Okay, I hate to say it, but I'm going to go in the bedroom and listen to a little music, and most likely fall asleep. I'd like to watch 'The Big Bang Theory' at 8, though, so the idea is to not make this a long nap. As a backup, though, I have set it to record. I don't feel sleepy, really, just a bit tired. I still feel a little restless, and I should put that energy to some use, but I'm just not feeling like doing anything much, even reading. So maybe the music will relax me a bit without my falling asleep, rejuvenate me a bit, and then I can get up and do some things before actually heading to bed. :)

PS (5/2/14): Ha! That wound up being a 12 hour sleep! I apparently was exhausted. All that walking, and then hardly any sleep the night before made me a very tired person. I slept from about 7:30 pm to 7:45 am. I'm beginning to think I should add 'napping/sleeping' to my list of talents.

No comments: