Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Up and ready for a new day

The weather looks beautiful the next couple of days--90 today and low 80s tomorrow, and then our rain chances go up, which would be a wonderful thing, given that we are over 7 inches in the negative for rainfall this year, coming after last year, which broke records as the wettest.

No news on the Lennox front, so far, although I'm keeping an eye on it. I so hope the city of Belfast decides to send him to the United States, where there are quite a few people who have tried to move mountains to get him here. I do wonder what two years of being kept in the city's hands as opposed to a loving home have done for his disposition.

I was talking to a co-worker yesterday. We are both avid readers, but bot of us have experienced a bit of a dry spell lately. I'll check out books, but don't get them read. I haven't touched a Kindle book in weeks. I don't know what the issue is. When I do go to read at home, I often fall asleep. I have no real time to read otherwise, except on the bus, and then that's usually me reading the various news outlets. So I'm going to resolve to read more. I've got several great books out from the library, and of course lots of books here and on my Kindle (and hence on my tablet).

Okay, I've got to go on to work. Have a great day!

No comments: