Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, July 07, 2012

I am somewhat reconsidering the farmer's market

It opens at nine, before the heat really settles in. I woke up dreaming of tomatoes and other produce. I attributed that to being hungry, so I ate. If I still feel like schlepping (and thank you, Chrome auto-correct, which handles English loanwords from Yiddish) out to get them after I have some food in me, I might. :) Right now it's 79 but feels like 82, with 10 mph wind. That might not be so bad. Let's see how quickly the temps are rising this morning.

Last night one of the guys I follow on Twitter, Eilir Jones, who lives in Wales, responded to a complaint about the weather and asked me to send them heat. They're getting rain and temps in the low to mid 60s. I told him, sure, we could split the difference between his 60s and my 100s and both get some 80 degree weather. I also told him to send us rain, as we're in a drought. The good thing is that we're supposed to have a cold front come through with a chance of thunderstorms, making the temps fall from the upper 90s-low 100s to the low 80s. I just hope that much of a temperature difference doesn't come with too-damaging storms--I want rain and cooler temps, but not if it knocks the power out or kills people.

Okay, I think I can pass on tomatoes (I can't believe I just said that). It was the hunger. I should go take my insulin, though. I usually take it before I eat, but I can fudge a little if it's right after I eat. Time to go plan out my day.

1 comment:

Wendy, R.N. said...

It was hotter than heck out there, today. I was desperate for good peaches and tomatoes.

W. :)