Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, July 07, 2012

Watched

an episode of 'Rosemary & Thyme' (which I'd totally forgotten about, until YKWIA reminded me of how we used to watch it on PBS) and then the movie Julie and Julia, which was fun. I really think Meryl Streep did an amazing job as Julia Child. And of course, I can relate due to blogging, and a little bit from learning to cook from YKWIA. It was rather fitting to watch, as Nora Ephron recently died and the 100th anniversary of Julia Child's birth will be August 15th.

I have not gone outside today, only stepped out of the apartment into the hall to check my mail. It is 104 according to the Weather Channel. I have friends who went out to Joe Bologna's on the bus. I do hope that they're okay. It's just so hot.

Well, I think right now I'm going to take a bit of a nap (and no, I haven't had one today) and then get back up and work on game notes.

No comments: