Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, July 14, 2012

On my way home on the bus

What is it they say about the best-laid plans? I've been over to my friends' house and had a good time. We watched Kim Possible videos and played a card game called Gloom that was fun. Now it's almost dark, and the sunset, like most over the last few days, is beautiful. I guess it has something to do a with the wildfires out west.

It is somewhat a challenge to blog on the bus, given the bumpiness of the ride and a Swype keyboard, where the beginning and ending of the words are determined by when you place or raise your finger.

I'm on the combo route where the Woodhll and Richmond bus routes are combined into a longer way, going out Woodhill and back Richmond. Fortunately it goes out to my stop.

I did get some things at the farmer's market, including some great tomatoes, and I bought a lottery ticket on a lark at the gas station nearby. The price has gone up from a dollar to two. Then the multiplier is another, so the ticket was $3. I doubt if I'll do that again for awhile. It amazes me how people play every day. I know it's chasing a dream, but some people seem to spend way too much on a regular basis.

Okay, I'd better go, it's almost time for my stop.

PS I had to go back and edit this; the autocorrect made a couple of mistakes that I still didn't see after proofreading three times while on the bus. Like I said, it's a challenge sometimes to blog on it.

No comments: