Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yay, I got a new cell phone!

Nokia 6263
I got my cell phone in yesterday. I'm excited. As you probably know, I'm gadget girl. I've had the same cell phone for nine years. It's an old reliable Nokia 'brick' phone with a monochrome display and no real features. I finally decided I wanted something different.

The Nokia 6263 that I got has a lot of interesting features. It is a clamshell phone that has a music player, a camera, an FM radio, text messaging, instant messaging, e-mail (although I don't have a plan to cover that, so I'm not accessing my Gmail account through the phone). It's the first 3G-capable phone T-Mobile bought into.

If you read reviews of the phone, battery life is an issue. I played all day on mine, talked with customer service (I added an text messaging plan for Twitter), and the battery indicator light went down a bit after that. But I'm used to charging my other Nokia nightly or every other night, so I don't think that will be an issue for me. There was a certain tinniness to the call to customer service but that may have been isolated; I don't know yet. Otherwise the phone seems great. I've loaded some music to listen to at work today.

I guess that's all for now. I need to take out the garbage before the exterminator comes, and then stop by the local library branch. Have a great day.

No comments: