Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

I just missed the bus

I've been trying to wake up ever since 6 am, but strange dreams have drawn me back downward at each attempt to rise. My ankles are the right size again this morning after keeping a cool fan on them all night (this will change over the course of the day), but my left ankle is just throbbing, even when I'm not standing on it. Also, a thunderstorm is on its way, so I may get caught in that.

Argh.

Fortunately it is also pay day. I don't have quite as much as I'd hoped for, but it's enough to cover rent, get some bus money, and go out with my old boss if we choose somewhere fairly cheap.

I think I'm going to go get my umbrella and try to walk over to the store, get some money, and go from there. Today I plan on:

  1. Calling my old boss and arranging to meet today or tomorrow.
  2. Calling someone I know about borrowing his van in the interim.
  3. Calling the podiatrist and making an appointment for Monday.
  4. Cleaning up my apartment some.
  5. Working on notes, both new and old.


Wish me luck!

No comments: