Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Owwwwww

Okay, before you think I'm just being well, a wuss, please consider that my ankle has been hurting now for about two weeks and I only said something a few days ago. I must say, it's getting worse and worse, though, probably because I'm walking more without the car.

I called the podiatrist's office to see if I could make an appointment for next week but she's on vacation, so I have one on Monday next (as opposed to next Monday). The thing is, I'm not sure I can wait until then. I just hobbled home and it's very painful and swollen even though I had a shoe and sock on. It is a burning pain that starts at the outer top part of my foot, goes across the ankle bone and back to the back of my heel. I don't have to be on it for it to hurt with this throbbing pain. If I'm on it, and shift my weight wrong, it's worse. If I move it side to side, it worsens, as does going up and down. Both shoot up to my knee and even into my thigh at times. On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is negligible and 10 is excruciating, I'd put it at a 6. I think I need to take care of it as soon as possible. I'm going to check tomorrow and see if there's any chance they could work me in on Friday or maybe I can see her partner.

Apparently the friend with the spare van has a different home number than the one I have, so I'll call him at work tomorrow.

I'm getting together with my old boss tomorrow (a strange phrase, as she's 28). She's thinking of going back to school, which I think would be an excellent idea.

What else was I supposed to do today? I'll have to check. I stopped by the pet store near work and looked at their plants and snails, but I'm going to wait until we can test the water with liquid testers rather than the strips. Then I went to Subway, had dinner, and hobbled on home. I am so tired.

Oh, that's right--cleaning and notes, both of which I plan to do, after I put my foot up for a bit and see if I can get the swelling to go down (I don't have ice, but I think I still have an ice pack left over from my last surgery. I'll check.)

That's all for now.

No comments: