Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, December 18, 2008

I got it!

I managed to get the Lovecraft book today from the store. With the $10 gift card from National City bank from my rewards programme, I spent a total of $3.73 for a hardback with over a thousand pages of text. It is a complete and unabridged collection of his fiction (minus the poetry and letters, I suppose, then). I was afraid it would have tiny text, but the typeset is actually rather nice. It's a substantial book, a nice size. Yay!

I also got my latest book from PaperBackSwap.com (although in truth it was a hardback--also a Barnes & Noble edition, incidentally). It's 100 Ghastly Little Ghost Stories. Many of the authors I don't recognise but there's also O Henry, HP Lovecraft, August Derleth, Ambrose Bierce, and Oscar Wilde. I'm hoping someone will want one of mine so I can get Antonia Barber's The Ghosts, a book read to us in fifth grade that I enjoyed very much and which is out of print.

Fun! I'm raring to start them, although I have several books on my plate right now, and the Lovecraft isn't as portable as say, the Perry book. :)

Good night, if I don't write further. I'm going to do some notes (really, this time) and then get A from work.

PS I watched 'Legend of the Seeker' on Hulu. It is based on two books of Terry Goodkind's, beginning with Wizard's First Rule. I haven't read them but they sound interesting. I'll have to seek them out.

No comments: