Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Okay, the blouse makes me look like a tomato and I need to get my hair cut


but here is a picture taken of me at the Christmas Party for the hospital.

I wore an outfit given to me by my mother. She tends to give me items in colours she likes, such as red and gold, both of which look bad on me. But I needed something dressy and that was it. But this year she actually gave me a blouse that is purple and black velvet with a tie-back sash and flared velvet pants. It's in my favourite colours, ones that look good on me. It's an outfit I would have chosen for myself. Yay! I wore it today for the first time. It's a little dressy for work, but I wanted to wear it anyway.

I also went to my new nurse practitioner today. All the medicines seem fine except I really can't tell that much difference now that I'm off of my Provigil in terms of concentration. We're going to try Strattera instead. It's not a stimulant, so she can prescribe it, but it's actually for ADHD. Provigil is for sleep apnea, which I do have, but also has a secondary effect of increasing focus, but I just don't think it worked out for me; I've been on it for a couple of years and friends say I still have a lot of issues focussing, although it did improve a little.

PS Happiness is finding a can of vegetarian chili when you're hungry and had no idea it was in the cabinet. Yay!

No comments: