Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Man, I'm glad I don't do this for a living

I've wrestled with a computer (not mine, thankfully) for a week now, and I'm a little tired of eccentric hardware and software. Still, I'll plug onward. Not long ago I considered a career in computer technology. Now I'm glad I didn't pursue it--computers are still fun for me (as a general rule, except when they're balky). I'd hate to do troubleshooting every minute of my working day, though. In contrast, I love virtually everything about being a librarian (lack of local jobs and decent pay being the main drawbacks, and now that's generally been reduced to just the former).

Well, good night. I'm going to go relax with my animals and take it easy, then go on to bed.

No comments: