Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Checking in

I haven't really written in awhile. Part of it is that I've been pretty busy, but also I just haven't felt well. I've been so sleepy throughout the day and couldn't hardly concentrate on anything. I don't know if it was coming off the ADDerall, getting a little messed up on all my meds, or what. I just wanted to sleep all the time. Maybe it was a little depression. I don't know. Saturday I pulled an all-nighter for a project for the game, and so I was reaaallllyyyyy sleepy on Monday, but that's understandable. The more I think about it, the more I realise the rest of the sleepiness may have been depression.

The important thing is that today I feel better than I have in weeks--but not too well, if you know what I mean. No grand ideas, just simply plugging along. I'm back regularly on my meds. I'm eating well, although I wake up in the middle of the night and make a sandwich because I'm really hungry. I don't know if it's my blood sugar or just cravings. My cravings went up when I went off my Paxil for a week. I had forgotten that although it causes weight gain, it actually cuts my cravings for sweets. Fortunately the Lamictal's not supposed to affect it one way or another.

I'm looking forward to July 4th weekend; I'm taking off Monday at the hospital. I don't know what my work schedule is going to be for the gas station but I'm going to try to get off the Fourth itself, since I like to go downtown to the festival and parade. They're having fireworks across from the hospital this year (after not doing it last year for some reason), so I can go park and watch them from the front lawn. This year I won't bring Cerys; fireworks really upset her and make her shake and pee, bless her heart.

I'm also looking forward to a family reunion in July. There will be cousins I haven't seen for years (or at all, in the case of the youngest ones). I'll try to get some pictures and hope to have some fun.

Well, that's all for now. I have a lot on my plate at work...I'm setting up a book cart to go around the inpatient unit, will be doing storytimes soon in the lobby, and I'm planning a summer reading programme. That's a lot on top of my regular duties at 20 hours a week.

Take care.

No comments: