Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, June 17, 2006

A hodgepodge of things

  1. According to my therapist, I heal through radical acceptance that my father was never the father I wanted or deserved. As a special bonus, if I could do that, I'd stop trying to please a man I haven't spoken to in thirteen years. I suspect it would also help me stop identifying him with someone else, an unfair thing I've done which strains that relationship.
  2. I've gone to the gym four times this week, and worked out with stretching, cardio, and weights. Go, Lisa!
  3. As a special treat, I am enjoying almond coconut ice cream (although not all at one sitting). :)
  4. I am not looking forward to working a ten-hour shift from 11am-10pm tomorrow.
  5. My digital music channels are finally working. Yay! New Age music, here I come. It had been really jerky and kept going in and out. My cable got reset (I was a little late in paying) and that did the trick.
  6. I feel so much better today than I have the rest of the week. I feel like I could sleep, but I also feel like I could stay up a couple of hours and work for the TV station. Since I'll be working so much tomorrow, I vote for sleep, and no gym tomorrow.
  7. The game is cancelled on Sunday, but I'm going to go over and work on past notes. I may soon be down to one active character. I think I'll wait to name the child of one of my characters until I know whether some are going to bite the dust, and then I'll name the child after the lost characters by way of remembrance.


That's it for the night. Have a good one.

No comments: