Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, March 13, 2006

I stumbled across this

whilst doing some research on cognitive effects and mental health comorbidity with diabetes. The Brits take a totally different approach to personality disorders than the American psychological community does. Makes me glad I'm an American. (Also, it was disturbing to read about proposed legislation to incarcerate those with personality disorders even if no crime had been committed. This was from 2002...hopefully that legislative push fell through). I think I understand John's frustration with the National Health System a little better now.

The distinction between personality disorder and mental illness -- KENDELL 180 (2): 110 -- The British Journal of Psychiatry

No comments: