Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Oh, Gods, I feel so much better

My doctor's office called yesterday and said they'd call in a prescription for metformin based on the labwork and my own glucometre readings. This morning's reading, after one dose? 53--a little on the low side, actually, but nowhere near as bad.

I should say that I know it was stupid to go off the meds in the first place, but I was on it because of low blood sugar, without a tendency to run high, because I produced too much insulin, and it was messing up my other hormones, including the androgens, as a result of polycystic ovarian disease/insulin resistance syndrome. Now I'm assuming I'm officially diabetic, and obviously have been running towards high. I've been told that I obviously didn't feel well the last couple of weeks but look better today. I feel like a fog's been lifted.

With that in mind, it's off to work I go.

No comments: