Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Happy Spring!

Conversation I had the other day at the gas station with a customer:

Her: Brrr...it's cold.
Me: Well, at least it will be spring in just a few days.
Her: Really?
Me: Yes, it's usually the 21st.
Her: Oh. I'm not from around here.

I guess she figures Kentucky has clockwork seasons. Granted, it would be nice if the weather reflected the season...it has been cold lately, after all the unseasonable warmth during winter.

I got in last night from tackling brush and riding the bus and went straight to bed...didn't take my eve meds, or anything. I just barely got into my sleep clothes. I forgot how draining the bus is, and having done some lawn work on top of it was too much. I feel better now, although a little wonky. I went ahead and took my meds with my morning dose, and I'm already a little more awake and functioning as a result. I also took a nice bath to ease some of the soreness.

Well, it's time to walk to the bus stop. Hope you have nice spring weather today.

No comments: