Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy Irish Heritage Day


Listening to: 'Javert's Suicide', Les Miserables

I should have brought some Celtic music today, but Les Mis is working well anyway. I don't say St. Patrick's Day because, well, St. Patrick was the one who drove the snakes (read: Pagans) out of Ireland. But for those of us with Irish roots, it's a time to reconnect with our heritage, saint or not.

I'm actually wearing green, despite all the people in blue for the Kentucky Wildcat game tonight. It's a white shirt with purple and orange flowers and greenry, so it has all the colours of the Irish flag on it, both the green of the South and the orange of Ulster and Northern Ireland. I have family from both sides of the border, so I try to honour both.

This is a test post, as the filer my blog's on has been down most of the morning. Now the blog is up, but my recent posts aren't showing up. I'm hoping that this republishing will help.

Hope you have a good weekend. I work tonight, and tomorrow I'm heading to Harrodsburg (our trip was put off from Wednesday) and possibly Danville/Stanford as well. I'm off work and so there's the whole day to go have fun.

No comments: