Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Today's Blogsticker: Dragons

listening to: Duke Ellington, 'In a Sentimental Mood'
feeling: Happy



Well, I have a third job officially, although only two employers. I'm going to help out during the fall membership drive at the public TV station where I work. It's four evenings a week, base pay of $5.15/hour, but with commissions can go up to $18 or $20, plus bonuses. I start tomorrow and it runs through mid-December, so it should help my money woes. Yay!

Things have been busy, both at work and during my 'free time', too, so I haven't had much chance to play on the computer. But just to let you know, things are going better for me. I'm enjoying a (mostly) flealess household. I'm thinking about going back to the gym and maybe doing the once-monthly Scrabble club that meets in Lexington, depending on how things go with the new hours.

I got the results of my MRI from my primary doctor (so I don't have to go back to the neurologist who thought $10 was much more important than providing quality health care). It came out 'unremarkable' which is good, although it sounds terribly boring. I guess everyone has a dancing chicken in their head (long story in some other post in August or September, if you're interested.)

I've been plotting out a story for yet another attempt at National Novel Writing Month. This time I'll write it into a blog; I think it'll make it easier for me.

Welll, it's time to go to lunch. Talk at you later.

PS I looked down at the date. October 19th. 19 years to the day since I met my ex; 13 years to the day since I had sex with him. A little over a month later I left and started divorce proceedings. Where did the time go?

No comments: