Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, October 11, 2004

Today's Blogsticker: Hide and Seek

listening to: WEKU (Classical Music)
feeling: Happy



Okay, slighly irreverent. I'm in a puckish mood, I guess. I'm no longer attempting to keep th fa¸ade that I have any link to the Internet on the weekends, so I'm afraid you'll have radio silence two days a week unless I happen to go to the library, and weekends are usually too busy to do that.

It was a good weekend. I got some rest. I got more books put up on shelves so it's starting to look like a living room rather than a book dump now (mind you, I moved in MAY), but hey. Yesterday, in anticipation of having a little money, I was looking through the grocery circulars and other advertisements in a friend's paper and found a window sheer for my bedroom on sale that matches the two in the living room, which would be nice for privacy and only about $10. This morning I nicked an abandoned doormat (one of my neighbours moved in August and no one's there, but the mat remained). It's got leaves and wild roses on it, happily earthy like the curtains (also wild roses). That, along with a Bridget's Cross that Tracita made several Imbolcs ago hanging on the door cheers up the entrance.

Yesterday was the game, where we went up againt evil animated dolls, toy soldiers, mannikins, and marionettes who had shards of a Kryptonite-like meteor (well, except it was controlling the dollmaker). One of my characters succeeding in throwing a knife and taking down the rock's minion, only to be controlled herself. She was a moment away from taking an innocent's head (50 points of damage!), which by using her enchanted sword to kill an innocent, would have resulted in a double-damage backlash against her (hence death), when an NPC (non-player character, for those who aren't gaming geeks) managed to hit her with an empathic mind storm and drop her into a catatonic state. We hope we can put her back together, but at least she didn't kill the innocent. :) Ah, you've got to love gaming in the horror/sci-fi genre.

I missed Charmed last night because the game ran late (but it's on again on Tuesday). Then I stayed over and watched the second instalment of PD James' Death in Holy Orders on Mystery! Very nice.

Today is sunny, beautiful outside. And I remembered to bring my lunch, several bits of nummy Indian food. So, I'm going to go nuke them and take a quick lunch. Ta.

No comments: