Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Just a quick note before heading to points south

Well, not that far...Danville is about 35 miles from Lexington, and Lebanon is a bit further. I stopped by the library to check my mail to get directions from the nice lady who's going to give me houseplants. I very nearly broke down and bought a purple passion plant at the grocery last night from lack of greenery (or purpery, in this case, since they're covered in purple fuzz), but fiscal responsibility reared up instead, so for now I am plantless.

I still really need to catch up on some sleep, but I'm at least refreshed up for the drive. The weather is this funky half-rain, half sun (it looks like the clouds are a giant Yin Yang over the city).

I'm sitting in the library and it feels so great...bustling yet welcoming. I really want to work here, and there's a position open at this branch right now that they're reviewing résumés.

Well, I'd better go if I want to get there before Ma starts fussing about dinner. When you have as many diabetics in our family as we do (5 at last count), you don't want to delay eating very long.

No comments: