Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, October 06, 2003

It's been a six spider day...

listening to: 'Enjoy the Silence' by Depeche Mode; 'Silent Running' by Mike & the Mechanics
feeling: Inquisitive

In my faith, spiders are seen as messengers. This morning I passed 3 orb spiders with their webs strung between small evergreens in a row. They looked like they were running a contest for best web. 1-2-3. I was waiting to see 'some pig' on a web. A fourth sought her fortune lower than the others, near the ground.

Tonight I had another orb spider about a half inch around in body alone spinning across the entryway to our laundry, and gently pulled her web over to the evergreen so she wouldn't get caught as people went in and out. Just now a much smaller spider walked across my screen.

That's a little unusual, even for me. So, I've taken the hint and checked in with various people tonight, either talking to them or leaving messages. Hope everyone's okay out there.

No comments: