Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, October 20, 2003

Fall cleaning at its finest

I have never been a neat freak. As a child, the one on-going rebellion I had with my parents was over my room; it was especially a sore point with my dad, who once came in and just went through my drawers, etc., and threw away things that probably looked useless, but were important to me (like fossils). Strangely enough, though, I really don't remember it being that messy, and everything looks fine in the rare photographs I have of my room. But I tend to be a clutter magnet, and at my lowest tend to hoard things out of anxiety. That said, I do so much better when I have an uncluttered space. Nor do I mind doing housework, although I'm better at doing it for other people than for myself (Dwana and I thin we should start some sort of house exchange where people switch houses to work on).

And tonight, the mood actually struck. I got a lot of junk mail and general clutter out of the way. The living room looks much better, and I've finished part of the bathroom, too. I'm going to work my way over the the study which, face it, has become something of a 'junk room', especially since the computer is in the living room these days.

Anyway, I feel a sense of accomplishment, and now I'm just sleepy. So, having admired my handiwork, I'm going to bed, and tomorrow is, indeed, another day. No one said I had to do this all at once, after all. :)
red ball:2

No comments: