Tonight things were pretty bare in the cupboard when I got home about 9:30 pm after running errands with A. I wasn't really hungry, but needed to eat, so I had a small bit of a Dove chocolate bunny (we'd had them donated at the hospital last week and I've slowly been eating it) . It's solid chocolate, and very rich, so I didn't have much, and I didn't want to blow my blood sugar through the roof, as I have my eye exam tomorrow. But then I feel asleep, woke up about 1:30 an, realised I hadn't had my Lantus (long-acting insulin), gave myself a shot, and also realised I felt odd and should probably take a reading, which I did, with difficulty. If I can't get enough blood out of my finger after three sticks, is a sure sign I'm low, and, indeed, I was 53. I ate the last bit of the bunny and then microwaved the one bit of real food in the house - - Gorton's grilled Salmon, which is probably what I should have eaten in the first place. So I've eaten that and my glucose is up to 93. I'm glad I see my endocrinologist day after tomorrow.