Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, August 16, 2015

I managed to read

several chapters of a book which I have been trying to complete for a couple of years now,  on and off.  It's Grave Secret,  by Charlaine Harris.  I like so many of her works,  including the Sookie Stackhouse and Aurora Teagarden books.  This is the last in the Harper Connelly series,  about a woman who has the ability to find dead bodies and find out how they died.  I like them,  but for whatever reason,  I've had trouble getting into this one.  I've checked it out from the library several times,  bought the Kindle book,  even checked out an audiobook.  The last may have kickstarted things a bit, so I was able to return to my Kindle.  I haven't read much in awhile,  and almost none in the Kindle,  although I keep it charged and with me.  If I retire to the bedroom,  I usually fall asleep within a few pages.  I used to read avidly.  I think I just need to get back into the habit.

The first loaf of bread is ready and packed up.  I'm waiting for the temperature to fall back to where I can start the next one. The first was a general white bread.  The other will be an oatmeal honey loaf. Unfortunately,  that takes up the last of my yeast.

Okay,  I'm going to climb into bed for a bit.  Good night.

No comments: