Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, March 09, 2014

I'm looking at the forecast for tomorrow

and it looks like the weather will be warmer both during the day and night, with no chance of rain, so I think I will put off the laundry until then. I have something I can wear for tomorrow. So far the only other thing planned is I may go get a friend after work from the doctor's office so he can get to a meeting on time. So tomorrow night should be good for laundry.

Once the dishwasher is finished, I'm going to work on the plastic containers and other handwashables. Then there's the stuff from the car to put in a container (in the case of the air mattress) and some other things to go into the walk-in closet. I'll go ahead and get the laundry ready for tomorrow, too. I'll scrub the shower once I get back into shorts, as I don't want cleaner on my new jeans. That leaves the fish tanks. I can definitely work on vacuuming the large one, but my vacuum is too big for the small one. I need to get a tiny one for its gravel. But I can at least do a water change.

While I'm waiting for the dishwasher, I think I'll do some reading. Amazon has a special today only on several Kindle books that were less than $2.99 that are usually quite a few more, and so I downloaded a few. I got Neil Gaiman's American Gods, a collection of all of Agatha Christie's short stories, a collection of Ray Bradbury's short stories, and the digital version of a book I already own, Sophie's World a novelised history of philosophy that YKIWA introduced me to years ago but I didn't read completely and should. They also had The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, quite a few others. One I refuse to read, as I also refuse to watch the movie--Old Yeller. Anyway, if you have a Kindle, you might want to check them out, but they're only that price for a few more hours. Also, I found a Lucy Maud Montgomery collection that has all but two of the Avonlea books plus other writings of Montgomery's. (The two aren't licensed for electronic distribution yet). I figure I can pick them up later, when they are, and for 99 cents the rest of the collection was a good bargain.

No comments: