Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hmm...

Upcoming Genre Movies That Aren't Sequels, Remakes or Reboots

I was attracted to this article because, frankly, so much of Hollywood today is recycled stuff and I wanted to see what might be coming up. Oculus with Karen Gillan (Amy from 'Doctor Who') sounds intriguing. I am interested to see what they will do with Lois Lowry's The Giver. Two more based off of books frighten me because I love them dearly and would hate to see them done badly. One is Sandman, based on Neil Gaiman's excellent comic book series, and the other is Ransom Riggs' Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, which is being directed by Tim Burton, which could mean it is very good or that I will totally dislike it. Please tell me it will not have Johnny Depp. I really don't care for him, and it seems like he's in just about every movie the man makes. Thanks to Alexandra Bond for sharing this on Facebook.

No comments: