Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Absolutely no 'Ab Fab' before bed

I was over at YKWIA's earlier and we watched an episode of 'Absolutely Fabulous' called "White Box", which among all the other minor subplots, had Marshall and Bo on the run from the IRS and FBI for their evangelical bilking of America. Then I came home, and tired, I went on to bed. I had a strange dream, set in Georgia, where the government was coming down on members of the Church of All Worlds (which is nothing like Marshall and Bo's scheme, is actually neo-pagan in nature, and inspired by Robert Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land, and which is currently based in California) [although come to think of it, the last time I saw the church's founder, Otter G'Zell, now known as Oberon Zell-Ravenheart, it was in the Atlanta area at a pagan gathering]. Then Eddie and Patsy showed up, and things got positively weird. (Sadly, I don't remember Saffron showing up--she was always my favourite, being the long-suffering good girl who kept it all together and running.) Anyway, the thing was so odd I actually woke up. Here's the original inspiration:



Why shouldn't your dreams be messed up as well?

No comments: