Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, February 21, 2014

Just woke up from a three-and-a-half-hour nap

Yesterday I said I was tired. If anything, I was worse today, having gotten up very early to get my teeth cleaned at an 8 am appointment. I was so tired when I got off work that I didn't even have the energy to sing along with the CD player in the car. I went over to a sick friend's house briefly and made him some dinner, and then came home, relieved to not be driving any more. I don't think I'd reached the dangerous/can't drive point, but I was definitely feeling a little slow on the reflexes and struggled to remain vigilant for any issues. I didn't immediately sleep, and played on the computer and did some online shopping before finally going into the other room about 7:30 and putting on some Ed Sheeran, none of which I heard beyond the first bar of 'A Team', waking up about eleven. So, I didn't really get anything accomplished tonight, but I did get some rest, at least. Here are my plans for tomorrow:
  1. Get up early, and work on the house.
  2. Take out the trash and recyclables.
  3. Run the dishwasher.
  4. Go get some medicine from the pharmacy for one friend.
  5. Go get or order some paperbacks from Barnes and Noble for another.
  6. Take A to the grocery store.
  7. Watch 'City of Ember', which I have out from Netflix, with YKWIA.
That's pretty much it. The game notes are finished, so no worries there. Lots of running around, though, I know. And the pharmacy closes at 1 pm, so there is a time limit there. I also have a package that might be delivered to work tomorrow that if it comes in, I'll stop by and get if possible. But it will probably be Monday before it comes.

I did get a package today, courtesy of Amazon Prime. It is Ransom Riggs' second Peculiar Children book, Hollow City. I'm looking forward to reading it, and started it earlier, finishing the first chapter. I also had my second performance appraisal today (I have two jobs, two bosses, two pay grades, one place of employment). It went really well, and I addressed some concerns about what happens to this job when the hospital goes to an ambulatory care model. It's still up in the air, but I did find out that part of what I do currently would not be needed, so unless I take on additional duties (which has happened over the last four years in other ways), I'm thinking it won't go either (the library is also to be eliminated, and me with it). Still, things have been pushed back enough that I've still got about two years to find another job, so if you're aware of anything in the Lexington, Kentucky area, please feel free to pass it along. But according to my boss, we should be getting an update soon on things like severances and the way things will work during the transition, which was reassuring. Oh, and I'm getting a raise with both positions, starting in March.

Today I paid my bills for the end of the month and went through and budgeted a bit for next month. I'm trying to pay my credit card down before the April trip to Chicago so I have that for cab fare, etc., which will be reimbursed. But I'm afraid I can't swing an extra day in Chicago this time, so I'll be flying up on a Thursday and coming back on a Friday. But I'm looking forward to it anyway. It's just a little sad that when I did have everything set up for an extra day, someone ran over me with their car. :( But at least hopefully this time something like that won't happen again.

Okay, I think I'll go back to bed so I can get up early and get some things accomplished. The weather is supposed to be partly sunny and in the 50s tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have no excuses for getting things done. Maybe I'll open the windows a bit, even. Good night.

No comments: