Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, February 13, 2014

A bit of a setback

in terms of my teeth. The good news is my gums are doing well and healing. The bad news is that there was a crown that came off a tooth, along with the filling underneath it, during the surgery. Before they can do the last of the impressions needed to do my partials, something has to be done about that tooth first. My options? Build the tooth up with a post and filling, put a new crown on it, and hope that it holds together over the long-term, or have it removed (this time as an office visit without sedation). I chose the latter after looking at the tiny nub of a tooth and deciding that it would be better and cheaper to go ahead and have it removed. So in a couple of weeks when my gums have healed some, I'm to go in for impressions, and then three days later have that tooth taken out, whereupon (in theory) they will send me home with the partials in place. So this is turning into a somewhat unhappy saga. It is especially disappointing because I was supposed to do the wax bite today and get my partials tomorrow originally, and went over there thinking it would be a short appointment that moved things forward. Instead I got bad news and had a decision to make.

Okay, today I went back to work and then went to the dentist and got the news. I picked A up and got some things from the store, then dropped him off. Now I find that I'm pretty tired. I think I'm going to lie down for a bit, anyway. Then I really should get up and take some things out to the Dumpster and recycling containers, before yet more snow comes tomorrow. I'm really trying to hang on to the idea that we're supposed to get temperatures in the 60s towards the end of next week. It couldn't come too soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How is your tooth now? I hope you had it fixed right away, Eilir. Oral health is a delicate topic that needs utmost care and professionalism in order to maintain a good one. It's good to know that your gums are healing. Always make sure to visit your dentist if something concerns you regarding your teeth. Take care!

Elliot Bagley