Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Every potential princess should heed this



Of course, if the person (man or woman) you fall for is really your 'true love', then you can still have adventures, a sense of self, and maintain independence. True love means not losing yourself to someone else's expectations, but supporting each other's growth and facing the world together so that each of you can be the hero/heroine of the story you both create for yourselves. Or at least that's my take on it. Of course, I'm single and haven't given true love a chance in years and years, because, well, my standards are a little higher now than when I was a young woman. It would take someone very special to sweep me off my feet. I'm not saying it won't happen; I'd like to think it would. I haven't given up, but I'm, not going to pine away waiting for Prince Charming, etc., despite, in many ways, being a hopeless romantic. :)

No comments: