Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 09, 2010

Okay

I have already gone over to the bank this morning and gotten some quarters for laundry (I don't have to do it until Monday night, but it occurred to me that Columbus Day is Monday, so the banks will be closed. It usually sneaks up on me, as I don't get off work, but that's okay, because I feel somewhat mixed about celebrating it anyway, given all the bad as well as good consequences of that discovery).

I stopped by the gas station and got my pay stub and signed the time sheet. My (former--must get to thinking that) boss was there by herself. In the past I would have felt guilty, but I didn't. I guess freedom was more important to me, and I've let go of the need to be the good girl, throwing energy into my work for emotional reasons.

I went to Kroger and got a few things, then caught the bus back to my stop and schlepped my bags home. Brunch was some bean salad with artichoke hearts and marinated mozzarella off the antipasto bar, along with a banana.

Now I'm ready to do some things for the game. I'll probably be back for breaks occasionally today.

No comments: